Not really a blog today! More of a “these are questions that are bugging me”
So if you know any answers please use the comments to put me out of my misery BUT no using search engines or reference books or anything like that – this is a test of your general knowledge not your searching skills – Enjoy!
1. When the Neville brother’s, Phil and Gary, played for Manchester United I am guessing they had “P. Neville” and “G. Neville” on their shirts. What happened when Phil left? Did “G. Neville” become “Neville”? And did Phil take the “P” to Everton?
2. Whilst athletics tracks are always 400m they are not always the same width and length! Are more world records set on thin long tracks or wide short ones? This is for events that are at least 200m plus.
3. Do field athletes feel hemmed in on thin tracks and they throw or jump shorter?
4. Why is F1 motor racing or Nascar more popular than touring cars, stock car or rallying? All involve cars, tracks, speed, danger.
5. Why can I tumble dry my children’s America football (grid iron) replica shirts but I can’t do that with their football (soccer) replica shirts?
6. Which sport has the highest paid players/athletes on average throughout the whole of its professional set up?
7. Which sport has the highest paid player/athlete? Who is it?
1. Does tea taste better with the tea bag in the cup before you add the boiling water or added after the boiling water? If yes, why?
2. When charging my phone does it cost more in an electrical socket or if I plug it into a laptop that is charging from an electrical socket?
3. Does a phone charge quicker in an electrical socket or in a laptop?
4. How long does a bird take to build a nest? Does it depend on the breed?
5. How long is a bird’s pregnancy? Once the bird is “on the nest” has it already laid the eggs or is it still gestating?
6. How long before the egg hatches? (Yes ok I have a collared dove nesting in the tree above my garden office)
7. When you machine wash a hoodie how do you stop the string coming out of the hood?
8. What happens if you open the dishwasher door mid cycle? UK dishwashers have a door at the front that hinges at the bottom and no lock.
9. Why don’t us adults have the same holidays as the kids? 6 weeks (UK) in the summer, half terms, Christmas. We are the adults – why can’t we work it out?
1. Is Pluto the only pet in Mickey Mouse’s world?
2. Why is a mouse (Mickey and Minnie) as big as ducks and dogs?
3. Why is the song “It’s a small world after all” so annoying and at the same time you can’t stop singing/humming it? Grrrr.
4. Is there any Disney character that other countries when they translate the name it becomes something rude? Therefore they have to change name.
5. If inflation is taken into account which is the highest grossing Disney film – in terms of box office takings (not DVD or TV sales) and then profit?
1. How can someone start a conversation getting into a lift at ground level and they are only on the second sentence getting out of the lift 20 floors later?
2. In The Lone Ranger (2013) when the runaway train is going through the construction workers, why do they cross the track rather than just stepping back? Dramatic effect is not a suitable answer!
3. Do “voice” actors get paid the same as if the actor was actually acting on the film?
4. In films that are complete green screen do the actors get paid the same as if they were running through a real jungle?
5. For animated films why don’t movie databases add the picture of the animated character as well as the actor’s photo? If you don’t know the characters name then you can’t work out the “voice” from the actor’s photo.
6. I thought digital TV would allow you to access more information about what you were watching – cast lists, trivia, episode summaries etc – whilst you were watching. What happened to that?
Be great to see some answers – by all means pass this to family and friends and general strangers!
Follow me on @1966colinblog